Okay. Time to whip everything into shape around here, the birth of our Lord and Savior as well as the Most Wonderful Time of The Year is on it’s way and currently my level of preparation is disappointing. What, is my heart two sizes too small?
1. Order Christmas cards, check list of addresses for mailing upon arrival.
2. Bring boxes of decor up from basement and decorate house.
2a. Put empty boxes back in basement so as not to trip on them in the middle of the night.
2b. Okay, I would trip on them in broad daylight as well.
3. Christmas baking – at least cookies, maybe some quick breads.
4. Make list for three Christmas celebration meals and figure out what’s missing.
5. Wrapping. ($h*%@! Do we have any wrapping paper?)
6. Call my Gramma. I miss her even more during the holidays.
7. Check the booze cabinet. Stock said cabinet. “Check” open bottles to see if they are still ok.
8. Wash and iron boys’ suits.
9. Get Christmas tree.
10. Paint Cowgirls (ok and mine too) fingernails festive Christmas color.
Do you put things on your list you’ve already done just so you can cross them out? I also add things to my list as I do them if I didn’t have them written down the first time. I’m a middle child.
I just re-read that list and I think I will start with number seven.